Orthanc Server (Osimis)
Orthanc is an open-source medical imaging server. It allows to store and view medical imaging in a simple way. The server is used by numerous industrials in medical imaging. Lify is an Orthanc-based platform dedicated to hospitals.
The main feature include:
- The secure exchange of medical imaging results between care institutions and with AI providers
- The provision of medical imaging results for tele-radiologists
- Record management
How can it help to manage the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Option 1: Creating an Orthanc plugin COVID-19 Gateway so that researchers can develop solutions on this basis. This type of project needs financing and clinicians to collaborate to data collection
- Option 2: Establish an Orthanc cloud-based server in order to access images from any hospital. This could allow for the creation of a radiology reference center where experts could focus on COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Option 3: The Lify Platform could act as a “rescue PACS” and allow radiologists to access images from home. One hospital in Luxembourg will opt for this solution.